|Gusts Mednis, the great–grandfather of the present host Jānis Mednis has worked as a carpenter at Lautere’s baron who assigned land as a reimbursement for work at the bank of Viešupīte (the only river which flows out from the lake Kaķītis). On the river Gusts has dug a pond and in 1875 there is built Kučuri mill.
Gust’s son Jūlijs has three sons-Jānis, Milda and Marta. In 1934 Jānis Mednis marries Olga Niedrīte. In the family there were born Zigurds, Indra and Dzintra. Mednis family is occupied with grain grinding and a saw-frame service. In 1937 the mill is modernized - there is bought a water turbine from Kukainis company in Rīga. On March 25 1949 Mednis family is deported to Siberia – Amūras province at the river Zeja. Jānis Mednis dies in Siberia in 1954 and has not seen the birth of his youngest son Jānis Mednis. In 1957 Olga returns back with four children to Latvia but not to Kucuri mill because of the government politics.
In 1990 there are rehabilitated Jānis Mednis rights to father’s property and there is made a farm with a land area of 40.9 hectar. Till 2000 there is active grain grinding and groats splitting and then little mills have to stop their action because of the competition of big mills.
In 2001 Daina and Jānis join to the association “Latvijas ceļotājs” and on June 29 they have their first customers in the little country bath-house.
In 2003 the old mill is reconstructed into a guest house and on June 6 there is the first celebration.
In 2008 there is built a log holiday house.